offers music theory courses for rudiments, harmony, and music history RCM examinations, as well as practice examination assessments to help students succeed in their theory courses!
Allegro Theory – Advantages of our Courses
- Convenience – lessons can be taken at any time and anywhere; students and parents save valuable time from traveling and lesson scheduling.
- Flexibility – lessons can be taken at any pace to fit individual goals; completion of each course can range from several weeks for students who aim to satisfy theory co-requisites to obtain certificates quickly, or up to one year for students who want to study at their own pace to maintain other academic and extra-curricular activities.
- Affordable fees – our courses are affordable compared to other schools; students can complete each course at just a fraction of the cost of other private or group lessons.
- Instructor follow-up – student progress is continuously monitored by our instructors, unlike other correspondence courses in which students work completely on their own. Our instructors are also available between lessons to offer extra help; students receive much more guidance compared to traditional weekly lessons.
- Instructor qualification & student success – our instructors are qualified and experienced RCM Certified Teachers with Advanced Specialist designation; students have achieved examination results above 90% and up to 100%.
- The courses consist of the following components:
- Reading materials based on the corresponding textbook
- Supplementary notes as extra guidance to lesson materials
- Listening materials for each topic in the history courses
- Assignments for each lesson: Evaluation provided within 48 hours, with feedback and corrections to monitor student progress and to ensure understanding of all concepts
- Extra help available on lesson materials and assignments within 48 hours
- Practice exams to be completed should students decide to take the exams, to ensure experience with exam materials and formats (separate assessment fee applies)
- Upon registration, a course outline with specific timelines will be prepared according to the student’s goals; all students have up to one year from the registration date to complete each course.
- Purchase textbooks and other required materials.
- Study lesson materials based on the committed schedule.
- Complete assignments (generally 1.5-2 hours per lesson) and submit for review.
- Apply for examinations prior to the registration deadlines.
- Complete 2 sets of practice exam assessments approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the exam.
Recommended Age of Students
- The courses require some guided independent studies and are generally suitable for students age 10 and above, including teenage and adult students.
- Please contact us for specific course fees that can be paid securely through PayPal.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Within the first 30 days of registration, should students find our course format unsuitable for their needs, a partial refund will be issued based on the number of lessons that has not been taken.
Other Theory Lessons & Services
- Other than the subjects listed under course outlines, individual lessons are also available to help students prepare for post-secondary music theory courses or other exams.
- Assessment of practice exams can be offered as a separate service.
- Please contact us for details.
Allegro Theory, Vancouver BC
Music theory lessons available at anytime and anywhere